2 min read
EVORA Global leads HECF to winning coveted ESG award
EVORA is delighted to have supported our long-standing client Hines European Core Fund (HECF) in helping them win the 2021 PREA Real Estate Investment Management ESG award, beating 59 other Funds to the prestigious title.
The awards recognise PREA members at the forefront of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues within real estate investing and provides the industry with examples of best practices.
EVORA works closely with HECF to define and develop their sustainability vision across a diverse range of buildings throughout Europe. With a current AUM of over €2 billion spanning 30 assets, HECF has investments in 15 cities across nine countries.
Testament to EVORA’s depth of knowledge and experience in ESG strategy development, complemented by HECF’s commitment to sustainable investing, the Fund was able to commit to the following ongoing actions.
- Utility data collection program in order to understand, monitor and optimise building operations.
- Maintain 100% green building certification coverage (many of which are BREEAM In Use assessments conducted by EVORA).
- 100% landlord-procured renewable electricity (backed by guarantees of origin)
- Science-based target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 42% by 2025, and 60% by 2030 across the portfolio, against a 2018 baseline.
- Net Zero by 2030 for landlord-controlled emissions.
- On-site renewable solar thermal panels providing hot water at two assets – Caleido in Stuttgart and Via Crespi in Milan.
- Numerous tenant and community engagement programmes and initiatives.
“Yet another one for HECF’s trophy cabinet! And once again we are proud and grateful to have played a key role in both strategy and delivery. Particular thanks on the EVORA side go to programme lead and Managing Consultant Sarah Harvey who’s rock-solid project management and technical skills were both critical ingredients to this success. Also, thanks to our team of software developers – led by Sonny Masero and Nick Hogg – whose routine enhancements to SIERA keep extending our reach and impact”.Oliver Pye, Director