Prime Central London Building Saves £43k and 482tCO2e Through a 12 Month Sustainability Improvement Programme
“I have worked with EVORA for over a year now and have found them very professional in their expertise, communication and approach which are in my opinion key factors for a successful delivery.”
Facilities Manager, Metrus
Case Study information
Situated opposite Trafalgar Square, One Strand is a 200,000 sq ft prime office and retail building managed by Metrus Property Advisors. Split into three main cores across nine floors, the building houses a number of tenants with a variety of needs, and who are provided with the highest level of property management services.
EVORA Global was tasked with identifying and executing on energy saving opportunities, whilst engaging and maintaining an optimum environment for tenants.
EVORA Global recommended the implementation of a Sustainability Improvement Programme. This included:
- Detailed analysis of half-hourly (interval) data across two main incoming electricity meters using EVORA Global’s proprietary Monitoring and Targeting (M&T) online data management platform
- The formulation of an energy optimisation plan including the identification and management of energy efficiency measures
- Monthly reports and follow-up engagement calls with the site team to discuss findings, recommendations and tackle challenges
- Direct engagement with tenants through a presentation delivered by EVORA Global consultants covering One Strand’s sustainability achievements and how building occupiers can contribute.
Over the 12 month Sustainability Improvement Programme, a number of efficiency measures were successfully implemented. For example, seasonal setpoint adjustments on main plant equipment and the minimisation of their operation, including weekends, bank holidays and non-core hours.
Overall the programme has delivered:
• A financial saving of £43k
• A reduction in carbon emissions of 482 tonnes
• A 7% reduction in electricity consumption
EVORA Global is continuing to manage the Sustainability Improvement Programme at One Strand and it is expected that additional savings will be achieved.