Risks and opportunities
Infrastructure is an illiquid long-term investment that requires understanding of the investment’s unique risks to returns. Having proper ESG processes in place are key to managing both risks and opportunities.
Infrastructure investments have huge scope for impacting climate change through emissions, waste, water use, air quality and impacts of biodiversity. Transparency of management is essential.
Creating long term value by embracing the circular economy as part of infrastructure management accords well with many classes of infrastructure investment. Engaging with all stakeholders will unlock mutual benefits for all.
Global infrastructure assets can be highly susceptible to climate change impacts and conversely can help society mediate and control impacts. Understanding physical and transition risks is essential.
As experts in infrastructure EVORA can also support investors with:
- ESG Strategy development and implementation
- Development planning and design support
- Climate resilience and adaption assessments
- Whole life and embodied carbon assessment
- Greenhouse gas reporting
- Impact and social value assessments
- CEEQUAL Assessments and accreditation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Technical due diligence
- Performance data management using our SIERA platform