Case Study Information
The Metro Building, a PATRIZIA investment, is located in the heart of Hammersmith, London.
PATRIZIA are strongly committed to ensuring not only the energy efficiency of their assets, but also creating healthy and inspiring buildings for their occupiers.
The EVORA team provided support for a Fitwel certification. Metro Building had already implemented many health & wellbeing initiatives and events for their occupants, however, through the certification process, these have been both increased and enhanced.
The Fitwel certification process validated current health and wellbeing practices and also highlighted some quick-win opportunities which have since been implemented. These include the following:
- A dedicated lactation room accessible to building occupants, contributing to improved health outcomes for mothers and their children.
- A dedicated exercise space, where occupants can either participate in classes or exercise independently. The direct health benefit of this increases access to physical activity opportunities and thereby enhances physical & mental health.
- Installing point-of-decision signs promoting use of staircases rather than lifts, encouraging occupants to use the stairs when travelling across floors, contributing to increased daily physical activity rates.
- Creation of an outdoor restorative garden which provides occupants with an opportunity to connect with nature, step away from their desks, and improve mental and social wellbeing.
The Fitwel certification will:
- Bring strong emphasis and appreciation of health & wellbeing to occupants at Metro Building.
- Demonstrate the onsite team and landlord’s dedication to creating a space for people to thrive.
- Benefit the occupants across a range of critical factors ranging from air quality testing to newly-available facilities such as the lactation and the exercise rooms.
These initiatives make Metro Building an accommodating people-centric space.