EPIC PROPERTY & ASSET MANAGEMENT
Integrated Environmental Management System Drives 14% Energy Reduction and Environmental Award
“I have worked with EVORA for over six years having initially appointed them following a review of providers. I firmly believe that EVORA are leaders in their field and they have opened my eyes to the value that a proactive approach to sustainability can bring.”
Case Study information
As a forward thinking and creative practice, Epic Property Asset Management (EPAM) recognised the role that sustainability plays in enhancing value to property owners and occupiers alike. EVORA Global developed a co-ordinated and structured approach for managing sustainability risks and opportunities to enable EPAM to meet their goals.
This culminated in the awarding of an ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System incorporating a robust monitoring programme, active auditing and energy management, and regular engagement with key stakeholders.
EVORA Global developed a practical framework, tailored to the specific medium and long-term priorities of the client, to deliver energy savings, risk mitigation and reputational gain. We worked with EPAM’s asset, property and facilities management teams to ensure sustainability programmes were embedded within core property management activities. This approach has allowed the EMS strategy to continue to remain relevant to multiple stakeholders (both internally and externally) and deliver new achievements year-on-year.
EVORA Global has developed, maintained and promoted an EMS environmental strategy system for our client, delivering the following achievements:
- Portfolio energy saving – 14% like-for-like improvement within three years
- Industry recognition – achievement of a Green Apple Award for Sustainable Refurbishments
- BMS improvements – half hourly monitoring has seen a 16% reduction in electricity at head office
- Continual improvement – identification of future potential improvements delivering an additional £64,000 in energy savings once implemented
- Tenant engagement – sustainability performance reported to tenants monthly
- Accreditation – certified to ISO14001
- Innovation – utilisation of EVORA’s innovative BIM: SAM building optimisation solution